Integrated apps that streamline processes and operations can effectively address many small business technology needs. However, a nationwide survey of 300 small business owners found that almost two-thirds of respondents run their business with just two apps (or fewer).
The survey also revealed that 44% of SMBs store valuable customer data in email and 41% do so in spreadsheets.
Consider these three steps for addressing your small business technology needs:
1. Assess your current tech and identify future requirements. Put a high priority on these elements:
- A high-quality, user-friendly experience
- Accessing digital solutions through cloud-based resources
- Scaling technology for future growth
2. Aim for better systems integration. Experts contend that "tighter systems integration" pays off in big ways:
- More precise management data
- Reduced expenses by not having to maintain separate, costly systems
- Improved customer satisfaction
3. Plan for future technology growth. Outmoded processes may be holding you back from competing with "the big guys." Instead, explore the use of:
- Automation software that can streamline operational processes
- Communications technology and project management software that supports a flexible workforce
- Low-cost business intelligence software
With the right resources, you can meet your small business technology needs.
What Keeps You Up At Night?
With over 160 years of insights gained from helping businesses thrive, our seasoned experts can offer advice to avoid some of those unexpected challenges. Help us provide the insights you need>>>