Commercial Automobile Insurance, So You’re Not a Nervous Wreck
You take them for granted, but without your work vehicles, you aren’t a functioning business—you certainly aren’t getting to the job site. Whether you drive a new truck to work or a twenty-year-old dependable, your automobile is essential to your day-to-day business operations.
Long hours, fatigue, other drivers not paying attention, texting while driving... There are so many factors that come into play these days when a driver gets behind the wheel.
Protecting yourself and your vehicles with proper auto insurance is key to keeping your projects on task and on budget.
Personal vs. Commercial Auto Insurance
Especially if you work for yourself, you may think that you don’t really need Commercial Automobile Insurance. There is a big difference between personal and commercial auto insurance.
Commercial Automobile Insurance helps where personal auto insurance and liability insurance fall short. Commercial insurance helps when you’ve got a company with multiple drivers, multiple vehicles, and when you need more protection than what is offered with personal coverage.
Commercial Automobile Insurance mainly covers:
- Bodily injury liability
- Property damage liability
- Comprehensive coverage
- Medical payments
…So You Aren’t Left Roadside Cursing
There are many reasons a company would need to have Commercial Automobile Insurance in place of standard auto coverage. Here are a few industry-specific reasons:
- If you only have personal insurance and you have a wreck while delivering commercial goods, most personal insurance providers will deny your claim.
- If your truck has fixed ladder racks or permanent toolboxes attached to it, it won’t be covered under a personal insurance auto policy.
- If you have a vehicle with a trailer hitch attached, having Commercial Auto Insurance will allow you to have a single-deductible option so you don’t have to file claims for both the vehicle and the trailer if they’re damaged.
Pricing Commercial Auto Insurance
When it comes to selecting the best Commercial Automobile Insurance plan, it pays to work closely with an agent familiar with contractors. Working with someone who knows the difference between refrigerator trucks and box trucks or panel vans and utility vans can save you a lot of money on your monthly premiums.
Plus, they’ll understand the many factors to making sure that you get the best coverage for your commercial automobiles:
- Driving records of employees
- Makes and models of vehicles
- Record of company insurance
- Vehicle usage
- Number of fleet vehicles
Westfield – Riding Shotgun Every Mile of Every Drive
Westfield Insurance agents are those people. We can help you choose the right Commercial Automobile Insurance based on our years of experience in working with contractors.